Also known as Turnera diffusa, it is a low plant with yellow flowers and fragrant leaves. It is native to the subtropical climates of southern Texas, Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean. The herb has been used in herbal medicine for many centuries by indigenous peoples as a sex drive aid.
Long before recorded history, people sought refuge in this herb. Many cultures use Damiana to increase sex drive. Think, for example, of the Mexican Maya, they firmly believed that this herb could remedy a lack of sexual desire. If you consume it in small amounts, the sex drive is increased for a longer period of time. Increased sexual desire, in turn, leads to a more substantial release of reproductive hormones.
Smoking Damiana causes a slight euphoria and a mild marijuana-like effect. This “high” lasts about 60 minutes.
How to use:
- Pour a quart of hot water over three tablespoons (10 to 15 grams) of damiana herb.
- Let it steep for 15 minutes or let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then strain and then drink a few cups, about half an hour before the desired effect.
- A healthy lifestyle is important, as is a varied, balanced diet for which dietary supplements are no substitute.
- Keep out of reach of young children.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dose.
- Store cool, dry and dark.
- In case of medical complications, medication use, pregnancy or breastfeeding, consult your doctor, pharmacist or expert before use.
- Immediately discontinue use if you experience any unwanted side effects from this product
- Do not use in liver or urinary tract disorders.